As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

80's music is [chat]

Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, AlonsoRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Everyone loves those sweet sweet power ballads from the 1980's

Ok, well maybe not exactly everyone. But I love them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgRfvWAZw5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxjgE7gKSbg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjY_uSSncQw

You're welcome.

Regina Fong on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    CobraCommander-150.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    [IM G]http://www.niels.festenberg.de/spitzbergen/img/rep10_12.jpg[/IMG]

My dad mentioned he has enough bonus points to fly me to Svalbard.

That would be cool, I've always wanted to go. But no sun season, and maximum cold season, might not be the most fun time to be there. Also there's the question of what the hell I would do there.

Buy a telescope with your baller gas station money and take advantage of the desolate and unpolluted night skies.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    noooo not the pupppppy

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    blagh

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic I'm not playing Minecraft for the moment.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I didn't know not wanting to eating something cook in used oil made me annoying. Huh.

Like, I also don't like using mouthwash I used before ever.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gonna go do the thing at the place with the person.

Be good to each other, 80's [chat].

Edit - Kag, you missed the point.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I didn't know not wanting to eating something cook in used oil made me annoying. Huh.

It's not "used oil"

When you cook bacon a lot of the fat melts off, and if you save it you can use it.

Once.

And then it's done, you throw it out.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sometimes i just am like boom

or sometimes im like foom

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    i don't think that time after time counts as a power ballad

i think, like, wanted dead or alive

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Svalbard is the emptiest of countries. If you're lucky you might get into a confrontation with a polar bear. Make sure to file the proper forms before shooting it as it bites your head off.

It's not a country, it's part of Norway.

Also if polar bears are biting your head you can shoot it no form required. There's a reason they strongly suggest you bring a gun if you're going to venture out of town.
    Sarksus wrote: »
    [IM G]http://www.niels.festenberg.de/spitzbergen/img/rep10_12.jpg[/IMG]

My dad mentioned he has enough bonus points to fly me to Svalbard.

That would be cool, I've always wanted to go. But no sun season, and maximum cold season, might not be the most fun time to be there. Also there's the question of what the hell I would do there.

Buy a telescope with your baller gas station money and take advantage of the desolate and unpolluted night skies.

we actually have a telescope

that's a good idea, assuming I can transport it safely

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    needs more holding out for a hero

Elendil on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

It isn't used, it's fat that renders out when cooking bacon. You can't obtain it otherwise. It isn't any weirder than the goose fat that gets sold in jars for cooking roast potatoes.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If it's a refractor telescope it should be easy. A reflector with a mirror would be more difficult. You'll want to remove the mirror and pack it separately.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i don't think that time after time counts as a power ballad

i think, like, wanted dead or alive

I suppose that one is questionably a power ballad or not.

But it's unquestionably awesome 80's music.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is it really that much harder to say chicken in wine

Ludious on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    i am fine with keeping bacon grease around. i just neglect to do it generally. my mom is from florida, and her family does it, but i generally don't eat enough bacon and the fat goes bad before i use it.

i was keeping around a bunch of rendered duck fat in my fridge but sadly cleaned it out this morning because it tasted too much of rosemary and thyme (what i roasted the duck with)

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    if only deadmau5 wasn't such a dick

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Antimatter on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I've found I have this severe mental...block or something...when it comes to seeing others in pain, especially (but not limited to) family members.

The other day my sister fell asleep and hit her head/nose on either the bathroom floor, bathroom wall, or bathtub - I'm still unsure which. There was so much blood and she was screaming/crying. I started shaking uncontrollably and couldn't look at her or be in the same room with her.

Is...that extremely abnormal? I felt my behavior was kind of childish, to be honest. I mean I broke my own nose (well someone broke it for me, really), last year, and it wasn't really a big deal...I never even went to the doctor for it. I've been banged up a number of times. It just seems like it reduces me to a shriveled husk of a man to see someone else injured in that kind of way.

I mean this wasn't the first time I've experienced something like this. I have serious issues with real life violence, especially involving a lot of potential pain or blood (though I'm not squeamish about blood itself). It is debilitating to say the least.

Weird?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Is it really that much harder to say chicken in wine

yes but mine is classier

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    going camping alone in Svalbard actually sounds like a swell time

not sure if people would let me go alone as y'know

I've never ridden a snowmobile, and I have no firearms training

plus, not the biggest survivor man out there either

still, it'd be fun

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kagera, you do understand that oil needs to be "seasoned" to even be that good right.

Like, golden brown fried things..whatever it may be, is only golden brown after its been used a good bit right

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    So I've found I have this severe mental...block or something...when it comes to seeing others in pain, especially (but not limited to) family members.

The other day my sister fell asleep and hit her head/nose on either the bathroom floor, bathroom wall, or bathtub - I'm still unsure which. There was so much blood and she was screaming/crying. I started shaking uncontrollably and couldn't look at her or be in the same room with her.

Is...that extremely abnormal? I felt my behavior was kind of childish, to be honest. I mean I broke my own nose (well someone broke it for me, really), last year, and it wasn't really a big deal...I never even went to the doctor for it. I've been banged up a number of times. It just seems like it reduces me to a shriveled husk of a man to see someone else injured in that kind of way.

I mean this wasn't the first time I've experienced something like this. I have serious issues with real life violence, especially involving a lot of potential pain or blood (though I'm not squeamish about blood itself). It is debilitating to say the least.

Weird?

it is way better that you are showing too much empathy than not enough

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If I had more time I would have selected even more awesome 80's songs. But given my track record of failing at making new [chat]s I felt like I was under the gun to produce a product quickly.

I'm like the Bioware team that made KOTOR 2.

Don't hate me.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    my understanding is that svalbard is basically like the part of greenland i was in.

awful

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    blagh

I hear you on that, sister

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Daxon, I don't know what you mean by "there's no such thing as a pain response", the way you rephrased it was pretty much exactly what I meant. Additionally the psychological aspect was exactly what I was getting at, the question was whether you would be able to keep on sword fighting after getting stabbed. I wasn't even referring to acute stress reaction, I was just saying that being in a different mental state would alter your reaction to getting stabbed, perhaps in a way that made it easier to continue operating if you were stabbed while already in a fight versus while relaxed.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If it's a refractor telescope it should be easy. A reflector with a mirror would be more difficult. You'll want to remove the mirror and pack it separately.

it's a not very expensive one, can't remember details about it. We haven't used it in ages.

Anyway, it is a fragile thing nonetheless and baggage handlers are not the gentlest of souls.

Also, I'd have to take it to wherever I was going, too.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait wait wait kinda necroposting here but people actually keep cups of bacon grease?

UGH.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    japan wrote: »

It isn't used, it's fat that renders out when cooking bacon. You can't obtain it otherwise. It isn't any weirder than the goose fat that gets sold in jars for cooking roast potatoes.

Cooking anything with fat sounds disgusting and I'm gonna blame it on America's obesity problem.

BAN COOKING WITH FAT!

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    my understanding is that svalbard is basically like the part of greenland i was in.

awful

with more russians and less inuits, probably, but yeah.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

it's a not very expensive one, can't remember details about it. We haven't used it in ages.

Anyway, it is a fragile thing nonetheless and baggage handlers are not the gentlest of souls.

Also, I'd have to take it to wherever I was going, too.

A pair of binoculars would be good too. You can see a lot with those and they're easier to carry around.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also never accept fried fish from a church fish fry for any reason because it's pretty much a running gag at any given church that does fish fries that the fryer still has the same grease that was poured into it the first time it was used.

Its just one of those things mange.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Cooking anything with fat sounds disgusting and I'm gonna blame it on America's obesity problem.

BAN COOKING WITH FAT!

you don't really make food, do you

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

BAN COOKING WITH FAT!

At this point I don't know if you're being facetious or just don't cook.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

BAN COOKING WITH FAT!

Uhm. Yeah.

I'm going to chalk this misunderstanding up to you not understanding dick about cooking.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait wait wait kinda necroposting here but people actually keep cups of bacon grease?

UGH.

my family always kept it in a mason jar...but yes. It's some of the best flavouring agent ever.

Really what is wrong with you people

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

BAN COOKING WITH FAT!

At this point I don't know if you're being facetious or just don't cook.

The answer is BOTH!

Kagera on
This discussion has been closed.